Good evening Joggers! I’m popping in quickly to get you all up to speed on how my 5k went today.
This morning I ran the Damon Runyon 5k at Yankee Stadium, and I had initially set a goal of running a sub-30 minute 5k. While the official results haven’t been posted yet, I don’t think my chip time will be less than 30 minutes. I used Runkeeper to track my run, and my unofficial time was 34:22. Here’s why I’m still really happy with how I ran today, and really proud of my performance:
- I did a crappy job of running the tangents and used up an extra .22 miles dodging walkers and kids. So, I ran 3.32 miles in 34:22, which is an average pace of 10:21.
- This is the first race I ran the entire time, without taking any walk breaks.
- This race course requiress you to climb 107 stairs throughout the race. That is hard, and takes up more time.
- This is the first race I’ve actually run for time (as opposed to the goal being “Just Don’t Die”).
- I ran my first mile in 8:14. I’ve never run a mile that fast before.
I’ll have a full race re-cap later this week, but wanted to keep you all up to date on how things went. I’m off to go mourn the last-minute loss of the Giants to the Patriots. The GMen are not making it easy for the fans this year, that’s for sure.
Wishing you all a great start to the week,